The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

An Unveilling

Today I realized something. It hit me so hard, it was difficult to drive. Was at BAMSE again. Surrounded by all those people. Laughing, sneering, grumbling into cell phone, rolling their eyes at an old man in front of them . . .

Me - my actions, my words, my facial features, my body language, me . . I might be the shot these people get at Christ. Who He is. What He offers. How He aches to gather them as close as He gathers me.

Sobering. Really sobering when you consider:

". . . I don't feel like it."
" . . . it's not 'Me"
". . . But I don't want to!"

Can you honestly stand on eternity and see all the chances you had while standing in fount of God? Before Christ?

Get over it, Jackie. You are the only person Christ can use. You are important. You are vital.

An astounding revelation given my past.

2 comments:

Dana said...

It is VERY sobering, isn't it! It makes me appreciate Moses more and more. However, it makes me fully reliant on the God who used him inspite of the excuses and fear. Just look what God can do if we get out of His way!

Amy said...

You, above most other people, show Christ beautifully in your passion for Him and others.