The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

A Slap in the Self Righteousness

It has occurred to me . . .

-when you have to bite your tongue to keep from saying anything negative . . .


-when you would rather peel puppy skin off a live dog than to spend time with that person . . .

-when you would rather sit at home in front of the computer than go be around the church . . .

-when you can sing 'Sing and Be Happy" with a deadpan face, anxious to beat the baptists to El Castillo but know all the words to "Fly Like an Eagle" and you grin because "that is a great song!" . . .

Then maybe you need to sit back and reevaluate your dedication.

. . . and then . . .

. . . then you realize that if it was easy, Christ wouldn't have had to die. We could've just popped popcorn and watched a movie rather than forcing Him up and into the cross.

I keep forgetting that nothing I go through compares to His life, His patience, His death, His glory.

Shut up and color, Jack.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Of all the Christians I have worshipped with in all the congregations I have been a part of, NO ONE works harder at making their life a living sacrifice more than you do. No one loves as lovingly or serves as hard. So, if you have a struggle ever now and then, I think that's just Satan going after one of His lambs!!

Jackie said...

my sweet Amy - - if that were only true. I love you more than my luggage.