The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Granma Walton

When I was growing up, the one show I loved to watch was the Waltons. From 'The Homecoming' to whn John Boy got proposed to by Janet, I have been one of those people that watched it so much that I could say; "Oh! I know this one. It's the one about . . ."

I never could take much of granma Walton. She was this dour old chick, always frowning. Bossy. No nonsense grump.

Now I can see that I have grown into her! HA! All the things that irritated me about her are now alive and well in me! I go 90 miles an hour, so focused that I unintentionally talk hatefully. I come across like a sledge hammer and can't even see it.

. . . and then . . .

Then the reruns show me that she really was pretty stable. Her love was constant, no matter what, but she really stunk when she tried to show it. That's so me.

Kelly, my niece, once told Cheri, my sister, that 'Aunt Jackie sure is bossy, but I like her." And while I doubt she still says that, it did give me a reluctant smile - just like granma Walton.

2 comments:

Jaci said...

ahhh, grandma walton. I have actually been missing watching the waltons. dont tell jarred. lol

The Johnsons said...

I love you. I even like you more!

: )