The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Stacy

I lost it so totally last night.

When the boys were small, and then growing, I wasn't a person who hollered. I was above that. It just meant a person had 'no control'. In fact, the boys were more frightened of my low demon voice. Besides play fighting, I don't remember ever raising my voice to them.

I screamed at Stacy last night. Something in me snapped and I opened fire. I snarled at her like a rabid wolf about responsibility, taking responsibility, and disrespect of a magnitude I have never, never dealt with concerning my own kids. Then I told her I couldn't stand to be around her and stormed into the bedroom, slamming the door.

To her credit, she was wise enough to take it. Wise enough to take the blame. Wise enough to apologize over and over and over.

But I lost it.

Is that good or bad or both? And how do I stop the shaking of fury that I still deal with this morning?

2 comments:

Darla said...

It happens.
Forgive yourself, forgive her. Pray that she will learn better and....

Move on.

Raising kids is one of the hardest things a person can do. The 24/7 part of it is overwhelming and to help to raise someone else's is even more difficult.

Bless you.

Amy said...

I'm with Darla. You're on the down-hill slope of this relationship, and once it's done, it's done. Your own kids, you feel free to do what you will, because they are yours for life, but other people's children are a different story.

Those Europeans think so differently anyway....