The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Poor Sap

Yesterday was the work day of the week - heavy work day outside. I moved panels, moved horses, moved the obstacle course pieces, mowed the front, used the weed eater out front (got fire ants thrown into my shirt for my trouble . . they stung me twice), put the obstacle stuff back, watered the backyard, pulled the weeds from the flagstone . . . pretty much a smelly, make you-grin-cause-you-got-so-much-accomplished- kind of day.

Robert comes in and calls me to come outside. He then points to the flowers in my color garden and says; "When was the last time these got water?"

He was getting on to me. Like I was 8.

"Well, golly, officer, I have no idea how that lawn mower ended up on top of that guy . . ."

3 comments:

jenn said...

thank you Jackie, for all the work you did in the yard, I watered the plant in the color garden, it was a little dry.

That would have been much better, huh? :) please don't run Robert over with the lawn more:)

Amy said...

I get those comments, too, Jackie - I'm getting better about just ignoring them...

Darla said...

Ha, ha! Me, too.
Just today when I was driving into the driveway (after doing errands for him, picking him up from the field, delivering him to places and then back home with him again when I was actually busy but gave up my time willingly to assist.)I was "scolded" for hitting the pot hole next to the driveway.

My happy face went in my pocket for a minute or two. :-) It's back now.