The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Saturday, September 12, 2009

From Colorado to Texas

I sit here, waiting for the Ambien CR to kick in, listening to Robert "breathe heavy', and to the cold rain that falls outside. It's 46 degrees. Tomorrow I leave for home.

Why have I been here? What has been accomplished?

How in the world has been only 3 weeks here in Colorado? Time has flown. I have fallen even more in love with Jah, JooLee, and Jocey (a fact that I wouldn't have believed possible before now), solidified my love for Jarred, and was able to link up with Jaci like I never have before - she let me in for the smallest amount of time - I realized that I love her not just because she's the mother to my babies, but because she's Jaci, and I am getting to know her -the person. I love to be around these people. It physically hurts to think of not having them in the house.

. . . and then . . .

I am so nuts about Robert. I see how much Pleasanton, and all the humidity, grass burrs and needy animals mean to me. It has been aeon's since I went there. I realize the power of home so acutely. Those people . . those ties . . . It physically thrills me to think of opening the door to those dumb dogs, who will fight to own me again.

What has been accomplished?

Everything.

3 comments:

Ceal said...

More than we will ever know!

Kara said...

Jackie, you are the greatest. I hear you rambling for a reason & love you for all that you do to save us all from this world. Thank you for going to Colorado to get dirty & get back to the word & the root of the matter. I know that you are God's wonderful creation. Thank you for being a solider. Thank you for fighting in the trenches next to me. What woudl we all do without you? You are so loved. Thank you.

Amy said...

I'm glad you're home, but I understand your heart. I just kept thinking; would I be as missed if I left for weeks?!? It's a humbling thought -