The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Friday, October 30, 2009

Looking Back

I remember:

*When my hands could clench and hold on.
*When Robby was so sick I had to put drops of water in his mouth every 10 minutes to stop dehydration.
*Blue Boy.
*The way Brandee giggled during her wedding.
*The look on James face when He remembered who I was.
*David Pursch climbing to the top of the bonfire.
*The trampoline at the farm - popcorn and shooting stars.
*Being able to run.
*Singing with Jamie, Carl, Rob, Jarred, Erin, Dana, Sean, David, Julie, Lauren, Amy, Andy, Lee, Darla, Robert . . . "We Shall Assemble . . . ". "Love one another, for love is of God. He who loves is . . . ", "I am the only one to blame for this . . ."
*Jarred's prayers when he was three.
*Dufus Kitty.
*Erin's shock when she found out I didn't celebrate Halloween.
*Finding mercy in the middle.
*Tamera Coopers shout across the pews.
*The look on Amy's face while I cried.
*Robby's ache to believe.
*Darla painting Christmas ornaments while we talked.
*Jaci's smile when she rode Chief.
*The feeling in my stomach when I signed the papers on the farm.
*Dana's questions on Sunday mornings.
*Jarred's eyes in September.
*The smell of frying chicken.
*The first time I rode the Tesster.
*Jamie's realization.
*Regret.
*Cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning.
*Alice Lester's hug.
*Sarah's tears.
*Robert dead asleep, feeling my icy hand and pulling it to his chest without waking.

The mind is a nutso place. Silly things - not in any way connected . . yet binging inside my head relentlessly. Don't you hate it when that happens?

5 comments:

Dana said...

I saw quite a few good things binging around in there! :) Reminds me of that sweet hymn to Count Your Blessings.

The Johnsons said...

But seriously - what about the candy?! :) I so understand this post.

Amy said...

I'll finish out the LaMore comment section with this: I've read this over and over - a couple of things so intimate that it's overwhelming to read, others bringing happy memories to mind. I'm grateful to be included in a couple; I hope to add to it with good things.

I love you -

Unknown said...

What I remember:
*The sting of the shingles on the roof on the barn on my knees.
*The feeling of the cold water as we swam in the Royals tank.
*Camping in a field with Carl, Rob, Sean, David, Geral, Caleb, and the Girls hanging in the vehicles to keep it as un-coed as possible.
*Bird hunting with my dad
*The sting of blisters from a pick ax.
*The smell of peanuts, cool air and tangerines.
*Brotherly Love
*True Christian friendships
*The Morlock kids were small
*Courtney screaming, "No mommy not again!" in the middle of Rays sermon and he didn't skip a beat.
*Falling Away
*Blaming God
*Blamed my self
*Found God was there all along I had just forgotten who he was.
*Sweat Tea, and bible studies.
*Dairy Queen
*Late nights at the : Lamores, Purschs, Royals, Our House, Seans, and the Rackley's.
*Love I never showed
*Love I shared

I agree, these are things I think of atleast once a day. I don't think they are the glory days but they were definitely good. I miss the innocence.

Brandee and Rob said...

* Telling you I wanted to go to a party.
* Watching StarTrek and eating Sunflower seeds.
* Sleeping with Blueboy
* Holding him when he left
* Building fences
* Filling up the water trough and making the ground around the trough muddy
* Dad Shooting the rooster
* Dad shooting Petie
* Building the addition and how happy I was when you guys actually thought my ideas of the windows on the eave was a good idea.
* Drawing
* Laying on the couch when Jarred came home after he fell asleep behind the wheel.
* Jarred getting his shotgun out when I knocked the wind out of him
* Jarred chasing kids off of the property with a shotgun...... and then the cops came.
* Bacon cooking in the morning
* Beans and cornbread........ Not for me :)
* Phone calls at 1 am from Amy brymers house when I flipped my truck.
* The smell of the feed store
* Driving the peanut trucks into town
* The taste of a Dr. Pepper after working all day.
* Flipping out over bugs when we first moved to the country
* Scorpion Stings on my back in the middle of the night.
Hanging out with Jarred, Carl, and Dave.
* Why did I Smoke my first cigarette?
* Chainsaws and Pickup trucks
* Barn Building with dad
* Playing my Guitar with DJ
* Driving the "backway" home.
* Going to the Riverwalk
* How happy mom was to see us after work/school
* Getting sideswiped by a Semi leaving Walmart
* Looking up at the sky and seeing the stars
* Long talks with David
* Bows and Arrows, dead dogs, and upset neighbors.......long story.
* Going to school and hanging out with my friends
* Driving my truck, because I could.
* Drive through Taco Huts.
* Dad never quitting until the job was done and passing that work ethic onto me
* Mom always speaking her mind..... Finally I adopted that. (People hate me by the way :)
* Mom yelling at me when I took the garter off with my teeth :)
* Numerous broken bones and trips to the ER :)
* Me and Jarred taking care of "business" in only the way that brothers do

List goes on and on and I realized I have written alot :) Been fun! See yah soon!