The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

To Dana

While waiting to take the Lords supper in Denver, I handed James a green crayon. He gave me a side glance, smiled and said: "Oo-mah? Did you know I love you?"

I said: "Why, yes, I did know that. Are you aware of how much I love you?"

James: "Yes'm."

And he looked at me with these amazing chocolate eyes, twinkling as if we held a secret. Then he went back to the crayon. The surge of love I had for him at that second was astounding.

. . . and then . . .

And then I realized that Christ had an 'Oo-mah' just like James did. Christ smiled at her, adored her. Christ wanted to sit next to her. His eyes lit up when she entered a room. They twinkled at the sound of her voice.

And my sin killed that little boy.

I told Dana once that the Lords supper was sometimes just a reminder of what/Who we serve. But sometimes it makes my world tilt.

This was one of those times.

1 comment:

Dana said...

When I was reading your post, I kept thinking that Christ chose to come and die because He looks at us the way that James looked. He asks if we know how much He loves us. Then He showed us. Yes, our sin put Him to death but His Father's love is stronger than our sin. It crushes death. It makes His eyes twinkle when he looks at us - like He holds a secret.