The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Thursday, August 23, 2007

A hard Wednesday

I used to think that knowledge destroyed happiness. As you go through life you hear things - too many things that are negative about those we love, or those we hold in high esteem. And so you live life knowing things you wish so badly you didn't know and try to go on, learn from it, build a new relationship from it and - - - -wham!, you learn more.

Can't you just leave things alone? Can't you just shut your eyes, plug your ears and hum a song really loud?

. . .and then . . .


But now I think that knowledge kills innocence. It really really stinks that you can't go back.

2 comments:

andrew said...

You may not always be able to go back but you can go forward . . . maybe not the way you want to, but you can.

Amy said...

My sweet friend. I, too, have been disappointed when I've learned things about people I loved and respected, so I can relate to what you are saying. I just want it in print that, no matter what I could ever learn about you, it would not kill my admiration and love for you. We go too deep and have too tight a bond.