The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Attitude

My attitude is really beginning to worry me.

I know I've said this before, but, MAN! I am getting worse and worse as I grow older when it comes to speaking my mind. I listen to myself and can actually see me outside of me, lunging in slow motion, my arm out stretched hollering "NNNNNOOOOOO!" as I try to stop the words exit my mouth.

Is it because I love less? Because while I care what people think, I don't care nearly like I used to. Not at the expense of shutting up.

. . . and then . . .

... maybe that I love too much to shut up.

Nah, not that.

2 comments:

Darla said...

Well, what can we say? I find myself in the same boat sometimes. But more times than not I find myself holding back words that I think SHOULD be said. Is that worse?

Amy said...

I know that, because of my mother, words spoken last much longer than any physical harm. As a result, I am too cautious about what I say to those I know and love; now, if you are a stranger, I find myself free-er to give my opinion.