The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tick Tock

When I got to Kiellen, I looked at my watch. Did I have time to ride? What time should I get back? It was then I looked at my arm where my watch goes. The skin was snow white and super soft. The rest of my arm was brown. I got to thinking about how much time I spent checking time.

How much more time until the sermon is over?
When is it 8:30 so I can go to sleep?
I can only stay 20 minutes, then I have to get to church.
Is it time for the sermon to be over yet?
How much more time do I have to get this done before I have to be somewhere else for 10 minutes?
Hurry! We can't be late.
We don't have to leave yet . . it's too early.
Man! the baptists are gonna beat me to El Castillo now!

So I took the watch off. For all I know, it's still by the sink in the trailer.

Time is minutes lived, not minutes of time.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Amen! I don't wear a watch unless I am at work and only then because I have to time math facts practice. Life is too short to be constantly be worked up about the time!

Amy said...

I'm with Dana; so in 3 weeks, I'm taking mine off, too!! And better than that; I don't even need to know what day it is, mostly!!