The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The Results

Besides some other things, the MRI/CT scan stated that I should not be riding. I should not even get on a bike, much less a horse. I should, in fact, sell the horses that I ride and keep only the mini's who pull a buggy.

I scoffed at these finding, however. Just exactly who am I if not 'The Horse Lady'?

Then came the 16 mile ride in on 281. Then Bandera. Then the 10 mile.

Following fast on the heels of these came the tramadol. The Xanex. The Motrin.

Stop riding? In 10 years I'll be 58. In 20 years, Tesster will be 34. Chief will be 24. I'll not have this time back. Life is too short to put off what's important for a little thing like pain. And walking.

. . . and then . . .

. . . then comes the knowlege that there will be no more back to back rides. Ever.

2 comments:

Amy said...

This getting older thing really cuts into our fun if we're not careful! I know what a huge sacrifice this will be, but you're in good company; Tim Duncan can't do back-to-backs anymore either!!

Jaci said...

Chiefy Boy will be 24 in 10 years?! I remember when he was born!!!! I love Chiefy Boy!!! Can't wait to ride him when we come down!!! Or even just sit on the top of the stall and feed him cookies and pet him will be nice. =) I can't wait!!!