The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Wall

Is there really any way to change a part of yourself you don't like? I mean, a part of you that makes you 'You' that bothers you? Can this square peg become round somehow?

I act the way I don't want to act . . . I can't seem to be able to stop doing stuff that I KNOW is wrong . . I hurt people who do not deserve such treatment . . . I beg God to help me stop it and He is silent. It is truly a wall that I hit . . three miles up and 20 across with the ground crumbling behind me. How can I even think I am in hope of any Hope?

I feel like the end of Romans 7.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Two things:

1. God's specialty is tearing down walls: Joshua 5:13 - 6:21; Ephesians 2:14 - 15

2. Even though you feel like the end of Romans 7, don't forget that it is followed by Romans 8: no condemnation, you received the Spirit of sonship, the Spirit helps us in our weakness, we are more than conquerors, etc, etc, etc....

I know you aren't a fan of the way that some people chose to intepret Romans 8:28 but for me, it is a beakon of hope. While others use it as a license to justify their actions, I use it to remind myself that if I allow God to have it, He can use my choices (even the ways that I have hurt people) for His glory. I don't know how and I may never see it but He can.

You are whole-ly and dearly loved....