The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This is Gonna Sound Really Negative

About class last night . . .

People really don't want to see the real you. No matter what they say, they are relieved/content with the facade you convey. If you come at them with someone who is different from what they expect it's all about "What's wrong?" and "Are you okay?" and very definite moves away from your person.

I'm not convinced that that is a bad thing. Shouldn't the truth lie only with you and God? Isn't He the only One who can really handle 'Jackie'? Why make people uncomfortable? Why? - if you love them and you love Him?

Okay, Jenn, you can let me have it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Having not been there... I feel like I do know the real you, and love every cell and tissue unconditionally. That being said, I do think there are certain social situations that require a facade while we are in that situation that does not mean we are hiding anything. It just means that, for me, timing is important.The group dynamic can also play a part in how we show ourselves to people - even the people we are closest to.