The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Just the way things are.

Went To Amy Brymers today -. She had a few artists out at the ranch to take pictures that they could paint later. Amy needed help so Chello (Rachel Reed) and I saddled up and got to play around on horses all day. It was really fun, but I was too tired to get the stuff done on the house on Massad I wanted. I stayed at Amy's for like 4 hours.

I have been wanting to ride Amy's horse, Dakota, for the longest time. And today I had my chance. He's always so laid back and pretty, I just thought he'd be nice. So I go out to catch him , he spins and kicks out so fast that I actually feel the swish of it as his hoof just missed my head. It was close. So I went up to him, sneered at him, saddled him, got on, decided I didn't want to ride him, got off and harnessed up the miniature.

I was mad and didn't want to play anymore. Why? Because I'd been duped. I was unprepared. I had been lulled into a false sense of security. I trusted him with almost no effort and he took advantage of my confidence. He won't burn me again.

And that's the way I treat people. Right or wrong, if I get burned I don't think I ever quite trust them again.

And that is just the way things are.

No comments: