The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Hateful Moods

When I don't care for someone, they can say nothing right. I have an awful tendency to find fault with everything they say. Today there were about 3 or 4 guys who could have said it was raining and I would have argued the point standing in a downpour.

And it really gets in the way of worship.

A man has said that he has an easier time being awed by God than doing anything that would inspire God. And I so disagree. I am sure that God is beaming at me when I manage to actually bridle my tongue. Or when I manage to really sing; 'The Highest Place" or when I smile when I want to scream, encourage when I want to cry . . . .

Only He knows what it takes me to do those things.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I am so proud of you! I might need to take some lessons! Do you remember that face I made that you and I discussed over Easter? I did it again today only that individual and their spouse saw me do it. I even said something. It was awkward. I need to learn from you.

Darla said...

Dealing with those who rub us the wrong way is difficult to say the least. I struggle with it. We all deal with it in a different way. Some people can put on a false face and fake their way through it. I tend to avoid contact with the one who irritates me. I may not pick on everything they say and I don't talk about them but it gnaws at me when others can not see the faults without my help. They just continue to think highly of them and my desire is to tear them down but I keep my mouth shut. I would be the one who would look bad if I started tearing down one whom the others see the good. I guess the monkey is on my back now. I have to find a way to see the good instead of the bad that I see.

It is just so HARD!