The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Monday, November 05, 2007

An eye opener

Do we really know people? Or do we only see the part of them that they choose to show us? I think the latter. Definitely.

I was talking with a lady (ie:'chick') about what's going on with her and I got so much more than I needed to know. Awful, terrible things about a person I thought I knew well. Now I realize I don't know him at all.

I sat there, listening, a long prayer beeping in my mind: "Father, help her! Father, help me to help them! How in the world did I end up with such a great man? "

It really makes you feel kind of stupid. That person didn't just wake up one day and decide to become a jerk. It was there all the time, right under my nose and I never saw a bit of it.

Wow.

1 comment:

Jaci said...

I hate when I get side swiped like that. but i am glad she got to talk to you, probably the only person she feels she can talk too. its nice to have friends that you can depend on like that. see you in a couple of days!!! :)