The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Thursday, December 04, 2008

*

Why is it when you have money, you have no time and when you have time you have no money?

I am a work widow. My mouth is tied by guilt, my heart is thumping with sadness, and my mind keeps ticking about the injustice of it all.

As I enter each stage of life, I regret the lack of understanding I held for the previous stage. It was good then.

what have I learned?

Time is better than money.
Helplessness makes me angry.
If I would have known that I wouldn't be able to see squat at 45, I would have paid more attention to stuff around me.

2 comments:

Amy said...

A long time ago, when Andy and I had little to no money after working for a month, I became good friends with a woman married to a CEO with Conoco (go figure!) Anyway, one day I was lamenting living in a mobil home and wishing I had a grand home like hers. She looked at me a long time and said very quietly, "I'd gladly live in your home if my husband would be home with me instead of at work."

I've never forgotten that conversation.

jenn said...

I think time is so much better than money! especially if that time is filled with love and people you love!!!

Wow, I love Amy's comment!!!
never take for granted ALL that we have.