The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Well, this is depressing!

I always read that life was short . . .and to make the most of it when I was younger. I rolled my eyes and skipped the slop of all of that because to me life was this long, tedious congregation of minutes that had to be filled.

Time seemed to drag. The sun was hotter then and the winter was miserably cold. You are in a hurry to get places to do things that brought back some type of gain. The world was an unending wait to ride a bike, then drive a car, then go on a date, then get married, then have kids, then buy a house . . blah de blah de blah.

Now I see so clearly that life is a congregation of minutes that has to be filled. I feel like a rat, trying to catch up on important things. Things that bring in real gain. Like smiles and friends and Sunday mornings, and yappy little dogs or horse sweat, or grand babies hug . . .. you get the idea.

I finally am beginning to realize what those things are. And I haven't the energy to go for it. How rotten is that?

2 comments:

andrew said...

As for me, time seems to have sped up. There just does not seem to be enough time in the day to do everything that I want or need to. For me that just reinforces what several of us have been saying lately. We need to take each day as it comes and enjoy what is there. Life is just a long string of events that helps us grow and mature into better human beings. Hopefully, those more atuned to what God would want us to be.

Amy said...

I had a really good comment, and the computer didn't take it, and now I can't remember what I said!!!
GRRRR!

Something about wanting to take life slower and pay more attention to the real details of life, like trees blooming and jasmine smelling. Not waisting precious time with people I love and moments to treasure.

It really was poetic, the first time --- GRRRR again!!