The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Da Boys

Actually got to speak to both Jarred and Rob today. How weird was that? I was so tickled that I think I actually giggled. It was better than reading the back of the shampoo bottle at a friends bathroom.

And I thought; Man! I used to see these guys every single day. I used to laugh and fight and grump and joke with them all the time. I took it so for granted. It's all gone. All the hugs and kisses and stuff that comes with raising two boys named Robby and Jarred. What I wouldn't do to have those times back.

Will no one ever learn that in time?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey mom,
I hear ya. I thought the same thing. It would be nice to fight with ya again. lol. I do miss it and it make leaving the military so tempting. It is ironic that as good as my military career is going that I am actually considering throwing it away for that selfish thing called having/enjoying a family. wierd huh?

Cryssy said...

Jarred, I hear ya!! You are so strong to do this long. Whatever you decide we are behind you. Jackie, I really think I have a grasp of what you're saying. I think often of how lucky I am to have both Tony and Gabe and how my life would be so different without one or both of them. I really try daily not to take them for granted. Maybe it comes from watching Gabe go through what he went through. I've seen him nearly die in my arms and I remember...vividly....

Ceal said...

We all take our families for granted that is a fact of life. My father always told me that I would learn things the hard way and one of them was that my children would not always be with me. It truly is a hard lesson to learn.