The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Friday, June 15, 2007

The Red Truck

Robert first truck was a GMC step side. It was really red and not all loaded with bells and whistles but just seemed quietly cool. He really loved that truck. I used to watch him as he drove, his young (around 25 years old) face would just grin. He was a happy camper behind the wheel.

But during desert storm I had to stop my full time job and go part time. I couldn't afford two vehicles. I had a red convertible and the truck. And since the car had 4 seat belts, the truck had to go. I was heartbroken. Not because of the truck, but because it was special to Robert and I blew it.

My brother offered to take over payments so I wouldn't have it repossessed. He's had it for going on 11 years now.

He told me during moms funeral that he didn't' use it anymore and asked if I wanted it back. It's got body problems and transmission problems. . . . but . . . Roberts 25 year old face comes back with real force.


Yeah. I want it back.

2 comments:

Cryssy said...

That would be the coolest thing in the world. How great is that!! What is it about Robert and driving memories. Those are my favorite memories of him. That and him holding the plates during the Lord's supper for you. I always said I wanted a man like that.... Oh and thanks for the ideas for cleaning. Only, I don't think the attached fan/hood above the stove will fit in a bag.....

andrew said...

Have a safe trip to California as you go to gather memories. I'll look forward to seeing the truck and Robert's 25 year old smile.