The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

When Cynthia Talks

When Cynthia talks, to most people it sounds like gibberish. You can tell she's frustrated. To her ears, she's being as plain as day. No one else seems to get it.

After spending the morning with her, I can make out almost all of what she says. For a child who didn't begin to speak until she was 2 and a half, to me, she is doing very very well.

I have learned that if you take the effort to simply listen, then you not only understand, you help others to feel understood. The world spins a little easier. That makes no sense, I know. But it does to me. And Cynthia.


Praying that Cynthia will be mine. I can learn a lot through her.

1 comment:

andrew said...

It took me awhile but I was able to understand her quite well the other night. You have to look at what she pints at and place the whole episode into context to understand what she says. She does speak vey well, though. At least i can figure out what she is saying.