The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lost 10 years I Can't Afford

So here I was, watching the Waltons, when I hear a door slam outside. It's the carpet guys, coming to clean the area rug I've decided to pull out of the garage and use to cover up the stains on the living room carpet until I get the money to replace the stained carpet with lamiate flooring.

So I have them go get it for me - forgot to ask Robert last night, and they start to clean it when Brymer and Nellie begin to 'protect' me with startling volume. So I put them out and we la de da de da on our way. Unbeknownest to me - - -the gate is open.

The dogs were gone. Totally. I was yelling like some banshee woman and the wind was blowing these leaves all over that are about the size of Brymer, so I kept getting relieved and then dissapointed. In short, I began to freak. Really freak. I used my 'I mean it, Brymer Hitchcock Hutton, You Are In Danger of Getting Drop Kicked' voice. Nothing.

So I jumped on my bike, still screaming for them and these people way up the road tell me that they saw them. They were in that new housing complex, peeing and sniffing and marking and so cheerful I could have died. They follwed me home, too happy for colored Kibble.

It was the longest 20 minutes of my life. It's been two hours ago, and my stomach still hurts.

3 comments:

Jaci said...

ok well you had me worried!! i had to skip down to the end to make sure i wanted to finish. glad they were ok!! i know how i would be if it were jade.

and we wont mention how some of those stains got there will we???x

The Johnsons said...

OH MAN!!! I don't know what I would have done. So glad you found them...

Ceal said...

Kids...need I say more?!?!?