The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Monday, February 23, 2009

In Response . . .

Kim asked me what my idea was to turn the economy around. I don't think she's gonna like my answer.

Capitalism. It's a matter of charging for goods and services and making it or not. It's competition. It's failing, and getting up to try again. It's succeeding and teaching other how to succeed. If you don't make it one way, change. It's that simple. God says: "If a man won't work, neither let him eat."

"What about all the people out of work? What about standard of living? What about the children?"

There is no place in the Constitution that calls for the government to take over. In fact, it's the exact opposite. People have the right for ". . life liberty and the pursuit of happiness". Not, (as the Obama crowd seems to think) ". . . the government has the responsibility to provide life liberty and the pursuit of happiness".

No one has any right to my checkbook but me. Let me help in any way I can, but do not mandate that 'help'.

1 comment:

Darla said...

Oh, Jackie! I SO-O-O agree with you. The problem with the government helping all those people who are not working is that it has taken the responsibility of caring for the ones who need it away from the Christians.

There is a certain amount of discipline in knowing the one whom you are helping. If they are just lazy, not caring for their families then you cut them off and they have to work for what they get.

If they are sick and lost their jobs but are willing to do anything to help maintain their living then I am all over helping them and generously give to them knowing there is an end to my assistance.

Government blindly helps people and the slobs are taking advantage and robbing us blind.

Did you hear the rest of the story on the homeless woman Obama kissed? Another example of someone taking advantage of a situation.