The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

My Turn

25 things about me
(that you probably didn't know)

1. I spend a lot of time trying to remember my mother laughing. Not having much luck.

2. My favorite group is Casting Crowns - their best song: East to West.

3. I am beyond honored that Christ is my life.

4. Each of the grandkids are first in their own division (Kaia - Intense & Optimistic, Ava- Sneaky & Fast, James- Kind & Gentle, Julie-Tough & Happy and Jocelyn - Trusting & Smiling)

5. I love the smile of dogs - especially da Beaner.

6. I HATE people who fake it. To me that is lying. And I can tell it when they do.

7. People who use others 'weakness's to further their own agenda makes me feel tired and ready to give up.. . which I'm afraid I have. I hate being taken advantage of . . . over and over again.

8. My kids don't agree with me on anything. I don't agree with them either. I'm not really sure if they even like me much anymore.

9. I have a mouth that spouts it's opinion whether the hearer wants to hear it or not. It gets worse as I age.

10. I didn't become a Christian until I'd done/tried everything out there - okay, not mass murder or anything, but I have no doubt about the world from which I am saved.

11. I can build up to a point that I am able to stop loving a person - see #7

12. The best smell in the world is Roberts neck.

13. Sometimes I doubt seriously that God would forgive me if the Spirit ever let Him in on my heart to see what's there. And isn't Christ tired of telling God that 'Jackie didn't mean it that way, Father!"

14. I had no friends at all growing up. Then, beginning with Donna Hall, an avalanche. I've never been sure why or how.

15. I love that ". . . my God is a consuming fire." because there is so much injustice in the world.

16. I have no hope for the future of this country.

17. I think my daughters-in-law put up with me because they have to. I make them both very tired, I think. That makes me really sad because there's nothing I can do about it.

18. Jerky made with beef is awful. You have to have venison.

19. I can't get up on my horse anymore. The MRI results were not good. Like at all.

20. It's hard to get me to really laugh. Used to be easier. Probably an age thing.

21. 'Abba Father', 'There's a Stirring', 'One of these days' - these are the songs I want sung at my funeral. Sing 'Mansions Over the Hilltop' and 'Higher Place' to make everyone laugh.

22. I still miss Blue Boy. I can't think on him for any length of time without crying. Same thing with Dusty.

23. I watch the skies every single day for Christ. A storm makes me excited that it's announcing His arrival.

24. I miss being able to sing.



25. The smartest thing I ever did in this life was to marry Robert Hutton. And that was a gift from a benevolent God who knew what I needed was better than what I wanted.


And I left a lot out. Pretty scary.


3 comments:

Brandee and Rob said...

Your Kids still love you mom :) More than you'll ever know :) Of Course we don't always see eye to eye on everything, we are all different people. Thats the beauty of family because no matter how much we dissagree with each other, we still have each other, and thats a great thing! Love you!

The Johnsons said...

#19 - I'm sorry to hear this. Even the little Hercules type?

#21 - Ha! Is the word "Mansion" even in a promise from God... I'm happy to just be in Heaven. Give my a piece of cloud/grass to sit on. I might actually like that better!

#23 - I seriously thought I was the only one who did this! Sometimes it's excitement and other times it's like my stomach falls to my knees.

Dana said...

#2 - Casting Crowns is GREAT! Have you heard their newest song (Slow Fade)? It's SO good!

# 15 - I think it is really interesting how people view God.

#19 - I just can't imagine you not on a hurse. I'm sure there is a way to do you and I'm even more sure you'll find it!