The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ruby

We were at the lock in on Sunday night and Robert and I were laughing so hard that it made me cough. Andrew was acting like Andrew - he was smart alec, with the jokes flying a million miles an hour and he was so adorably cute while he did it. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to cough up a lung.

Because it was Robby. It was SO Robby from when he was 16. Rob used to be able to make me laugh like no one else could. He's 28 today. Although he's grown up and has these kids that I love like crazy, I can't seem to let go of that kid who was so funny and cute at the same time.

Man, I miss that kid. Andrew reminded me of that on Sunday night.

He always was Ruby - my 'priceless gem'.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I get those same "reminder" every now and then - and while I so love the women my girls have become, I do long for those days when they were all mine and their leaving was far away.

jenn said...

i LOVE andrew!!! i think I would have enjoyed robby as a teen...well maybe not whe he was 16 i was a know it all 20 year-old. glad you were reminded of your teens in a positive way!!