The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Monday, March 23, 2009

A Tale of the Tail

So I'm riding on Thursday and my bottom hurts like crazy. About 2 hours in to the ride, Tesster is trying to stop because she's tired. I have to keep pushing her with my hips/legs. So the pain was expected.

I had to keep hooking my leg over the saddle horn - first left, then right to relieve the pain of it. I effectively rode 'sidesaddle' for a long time. Bet I looked pretty dorky. the weird thing was that my sore hind end usually goes into this numb stage. But it didn't.

When I get off the horse (7 1/2 hours later) Chello says; "Miss Jackie, your new saddle rubbed red all over your jeans." That was just peachy. Of course I used a new pair of jeans that day. The red spot was about 4 inches round - obviously I had sweat and it caused the irritation. So I was in unreal pain AND wearing a new pair of ruined jeans. I was MAD.

So as soon as I got in the shower I noticed that the water on my hiney HURT. It was then that I discovered that there was a big popped blister there. The red on the jeans was blood and water - not dye. No wonder the pain was so persistent.

But other than that . . .

3 comments:

Jaci said...

my word .. my booty still hurts from when you told me the other day!!!!!!!! lol

Amy said...

OUCH!! Thank goodness for padded pews on Sunday!

Dana said...

OK....this has to be a whole new level of pain that I can't even begin to imagine! Bless your..... you know....