The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Brymer

My dog, Brymer, has cancer. And it didn't hit me until the doctor said that it didn't look all bad. How weird is that? I just started crying, putting my face into his black fur . . he didn't even growl.

The people reading this understand how this is affecting me. All the "It's just a dog!" remarks are not appreciated. Too much time, too much love wrapped up in that ball of black/tan/red. And the thing that keeps on slapping me is the fact that he's not 'my' dog - I'm his person. The world revolves around me . . . I must be sought for and protected above all else.

He's on antibiotics for a month and we'll see how he responds.

3 comments:

Jaci said...

jarred told me and i am so sorry!!! but brymer is a toughy .. he WILL get through it!!!!

Darla said...

I'm sorry about Brymer. I hope he responds well to the antibotics. I understand loving your animal. I have my cat. He loves me, seeks me out above all others, sleeps under my arm, by my feet or just nearby. He can be a real pain but so can I.

Ceal said...

Boy, I can't seem to get anything to print so, I will try this once again...
I understand what you say about your dogs. Animals provide us with unconditional love. That is what makes them so special. It doesn't matter how many times you yell at them, leave them alone etc. they continue to come back and love you. I wish that I could have the love capacity of an animal.