The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

What Goes There?

Whenever there is a storm headed our way, I can always tell whether it's really coming, or if it's just teasing. I get these horrible headaches. They start out while the front is still a ways off, but depending on the intensity of the headache, I can tell if we'll get hit or side-swiped. Usually I take aspirin and it makes the pain whisper instead of bellow, so it's no big deal.

You ever feel there is something on the horizon, and it's not a good thing and all you can do is wait for it to arrive - - you're powerless? Once when I fell off a horse going 90mph, I remember thinking; "Man, this is gonna hurt." but there was nothing I could do to prevent myself from slamming into the ground. Powerless.

This headache has been here for a while now, and I'm afraid it has nothing to do with thunder and lightning. Whatever, it's gonna hurt. I just know it. It's still a ways off, but there's something there.

3 comments:

andrew said...

I can't remember the last time I had a headache. Thank goodness! Mine used to be so bad that they really debilitated me. Like yours, i could feel them coming on, sometimes days in advance. I can remember suffering from headaches back in elementary school that would just ruin my day. But I used to just get up and go to school or work or church or wherever I needed to go. Mine were mainly the results of diet and lifestyle. I also had some dental work done that helped correct some of the problem. Now, they are just a distant memory.

Darla said...

Headaches? Talk about headaches-try teaching teens!

No really-I love my job!!! REAL-L-L-Y!

Truthfully, the change in the barometric pressure seems to bring on my headaches. I have cut back on caffeine and I don't seem to have so many problems anymore. I drink lots and lots of water.

Okay, I now have my blog up and working I think. Just don't expect great wisdom. It is just a little "doodling in my mind".

jenn said...

i won't offer you tylenol, cause i know that the head ache is not the real problem. but i will talk to God for you, with you. I won't pray for the fall off the 90mph galloping horse to NOT happen, we know that's inevitable. But i will pray that the pain of the ground meeting your body with all that force will not cause permanent damage and that you will be able to quickly rise and return the task at hand.