The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Monday, May 21, 2007

Cynthia again

Wadda day. Wadda day. Wadda day.

Anyone who knows me knows that when I peg, I peg big time. Ok . . you all know me. Tell me how you think I'm feeling now.

Got to keep Cynthia last night. Andy and Amy (who I missed!) came back and because I had to go get Cynthia I had to cut our visit short. Really bothered me. Like I said, I missed them.

Cynthia did well last night, She got up and was (thankfully!!!!) a very normal child. She runs and talks and chatters and picks at food and is your basic 3 year old. I was afraid she'd be weird or something.

Have a garage full of stuff I have to go through and running out of room in the house. Had the closing (at last!!) this afternoon - Cynthia was not a happy camper. Had a 'book merge' - where I talked to the publisher about the first draft. Did dinner, Robert went to visitation and I called Liz and Bill (Cynthia's foster parents) to ask what time I needed to take her home. I come around the corner and there's Cynthia sitting on the ottoman crying quietly. After I made sure she wasn't hurt I held her because I'm guessing she heard me leave the message for Liz and Bill. While I held her, she laid her head against me and still cried but was just settling down when the doorbell rang. It was Bill.

I think I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad you missed me, and that you love me. I felt like a zombie most of the time we were at DQ, but will be back to myself soon!

Cryssy said...

You'll feel better when you wake up. And at least you know that Cynthia wants to be with you!! That should warm all the corners of your heart. It will be better soon.