The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Kelly

Something happened in my past that I haven't thought of in about a thousand years. It was bad. It was life altering. And I've never really understood why it happened. I didn't blame God . . at the time I didn't know or care about God. I just hated what happened and wished that there was some way I could undo it.

And tonight my niece needed me to help her though the same thing. She didn't know where to go, but for some reason, came to me, the aunt she doesn't like much at all. And I was able to help her. Because of the hell I walked, I was able to understand and help her with hers.

God doesn't mess around when He says that all things happen for a reason. Wait on it. Some day, everything makes sense.

Wait on it.

2 comments:

Darla said...

I think that is good advice (not knowing the problem). I do not wish hardship on anyone but as we well, know we are who we are from the shaping of our character through trials.

I am happy that she knew she could come to you, just verification that she knows she need discipline in her life because you were the one trying to give her limits.

andrew said...

As Darla said, we are who we are because of the trials that we go through in life. And, so often we can share our experiences and lessons learned from those trials with others. Other times are are asked, other times we offer ourselves.

I'm glad that Kelley came to you. Even though she is not real happy with you, as least she knew where to turn for security in her time of need.