The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Jarred and Jaci

Three years ago today, I was riding my horse in horrific heat, looking for my brothers dogs. He'd come to visit and had let them follow us as we trailed. About half way through, they decided they wanted to chase hogs and just like that they were gone; two huskies disappeared into the Texas brush country. We'd driven about twenty minutes from home, they were let free in a place that they had never seen before.

So I was sitting there, trying not to let on that there was NO WAY those dogs were ever gonna come back when the phone rings. It's Jarred.

He says; "Hey, Momma. Guess what I did today?" When I asked what, he said: "I got married."

Well it was a good thing that sweat makes your hiney stick to a saddle, because I almost fell off. I knew Jaci and I liked Jaci and BOOM! I'm related to Jaci.

Three years later and very rarely does a day go by that I don't thank God for that little Hawaiian gem. Wadda sweetie! Jarred has often remarked that he was smart and got her while she was young and didn't know any better - - - and while I love and admire my son, I think he's right. Three years ago today. How cool is that?

Oh, and when we pulled back into the house three or fours hours later, the dogs were waiting for us. Impossible. But true.

No comments: