The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Let Those That Have Eyes See.

Been a while, been a while . .

Been seeing my mom a lot lately. Can't seem to be able to stop the pictures I have of her before she had that last heart attack. She was desperate to convey her feelings to me, but was unable to do it to her satisfaction. I can see that now. Now that the veil of all the crud that surrounds death has cleared a little. She didn't know how to tell me what she needed to - - no, what she HAD to. Maybe because it was me. Maybe it was because she was mom.

But I hear it now. And I am thankful beyond words that I looked her straight in the face, and told her that I forgave her and asked her to forgive me.

And I cried. She saw that too.

Thank you, Father. Thank you, Father.

2 comments:

andrew said...

Two things I have learned in life:

1) Time heals all wounds,
2) Forgiveness is one of the grestest personal gifts we can offer to or receive from another human being.

Ceal said...

I agree with Andrew but then, we also have to be able to forgive ourselves.