The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Time to Make Some Enemies

I said I wasn't gonna . . .

But, come on! The whole "Who is gonna do the most, give me the most, take care of me the best?' stint on this elections offends me.

Offends me big time.

Chirst tells me to be second. Christ tells me to serve. He dosen't pick the governing authorites - - - He allows them to rule to bring about what He knows needs to be brought to light. And works through their actions, good or bad.

You can't tell me that God wanted all those unsaved Jews to die, but He allowed Hilter to come to power. You can't tell me the God I read about in scripture loved the effects of Ivan the Great (Terrible), but He allowed that monster to come to power.

It's not about who gets the power . . it's about how WE serve God through it, right?

Barak -"Gag me with a fork and kill me now" OBama, or Hillary "Two Faced -File gate, travel office scum and liar in chief" Clinton, or John "I wish I would pick a path" McCain . . . .

. . . really, isn't' God going to use any of them? They're not the important ones. We are. Because we're the ones God loves.

And the right to vote? The obligation to make a decision? I have no rights. I belong to Christ. He is my life. What can possibly measure up to that?

6 comments:

Brandee and Rob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brandee and Rob said...

I laughed when I saw how much of your space this took up :) It was a novel.

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Winter said...

I understand your points, but don't you think that as Christians we should become involved especially when it comes to voting? Don't you think that God expects us to do everything we can to further His Kingdom, including asking Him to help us make decisions about leadership? Although I think our choices this year make it hard for Christian's, I believe that God wants us to take action and stand for Him. I love you Jackie and you didn't make an enemy, hope I didn't! ;)

Darla said...

I understand where you are coming from. I see evil, evil villains running for an office. An office they THINK will bring them into power.

I have refrained from making public declarations of my opinion on this subject but if you talk to me you know where I stand. Politics does make enemies because everyone has an opinion and they all think their opinion is the right one. They think their opinion is the one we are all sitting on the edge of our seats to hear so we can make our own decisions. And of course the more educated people think they are the more importance they give their opinion irregardless of the level of education of their peers.

Experience is a great teacher. As old as I am I have voted in numerous elections and have NEVER seen an election that has left GOD out so much. I see no clear choices for God in this election. In my youth as young often do, I wanted change and believed that who was in office was going to bring about immediate change. Lee and I both switched party lines and voted for a democratic president who turned out to be a GOOD man, kind man, a God-fearing man who does a lot of good in his private life but as a politician he was not good. It took less than a year before Lee and I admitted our err.

Then to add to the problem the next presidential term which followed picked up the loose ends and often as Reagan and the Bushes have seen they get the blame for things that were done or not done during the previous year and the ignorant public began to throw tomatoes.

All this to say, yes, God allows bad men to lead us as was true throughout the ages. We look at the history of the kings and what must those people have thought?
Our allegiance should be to God and we should not demand those we support to reflect that allegiance. We should not support those who do not support our moral issues.

Darla said...

Oops! I had an interruption during my comment.

We SHOULD demand those we support to reflect our beliefs as much as possible.