The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Emergency rooms, Blood Clots and 'The Ring'

You know, when you're in the emergency room with the same people for SIX HOURS before you even get called back, you tend to bond.

We got there at 9:15 am. And waited. And waited. They teased us with the quick tri-age, then left us to stand all day (Robert couldn't sit because of the pain thing and I wasn't going to sit if he didn't.) The only chick who had been there long than us was this girl who had Roberts symptons. So we got to yakking. She ended up in the next bed to us in the Intensive Care unit, and kept walking in and talking. The doctor was scared of a blood clot in Robert's lung, and I was okay until that came up.

They wouldn't Robert eat because of the surgery possibility and I wasn't going to eat if he didn't.

Long long day. And I'm too relieved that it's "just penomnia" - it's contagious, did you know that? I thought once the temp was gone you were safe. Wadda world!


BTW - - - If you got off the hook in the movie "The Ring' by having someone else watch the tape before your seven days were up, why did Noah die? His kid saw it after he had.

Someone explain that. It really ruins the movie for me.

5 comments:

Brandee and Rob said...

Wow. I didnt know anything was going on with Robert. I guess he didnt need surgery?? Tell him i hope he feels better.

Darla said...

Wow! What a horrible day!
I hope everything is going better now.
You will both be in my prayers.

Amy said...

Glad he is home and that is was just the pneumonia; people are starting to call Robert "Job" at church!!

Sorry your wait was so extreme and so "socialized."

Jamie said...

What a day! I hope you guys (especially Robert) are getting some much needed rest. See you soon!

The Johnsons said...

I would like an update on Mr. H! Hope you're doing well, too!