The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Friday, January 05, 2007

Heaven

What is your view of heaven?

I have always heard the 'streets of gold' stuff, and mansions (not over the hilltop), and to be honest, those descriptions don't mean much to me. Streets of gold would be notoriously soft - they'd rut easy, right? And I hate big houses.

But the thing I do love . . the thing I feel closer and almost euphoric about is that feeling when you're at a Church function, surrounded by people who love God and love you totally. All the politics and gossip and anything negative simply doesn't exist. It's about living love - making love tangible. If heaven is about that, I will pray for Christs coming with zeal. That and I can't wait to be able to sing and hit an e without my voice cracking.

5 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I don't have a picture of what it looks like, but I hope it has some of the mountains at Blue Haven somewhere for me. And I hope you have to walk through an "entrance" so that it hits you. Like at a wedding when the doors open to see the bride. Everyone turns to look, but the face you really want to look at is the groom's because He's the most excited to see His Bride...

And even though I don't have a real clear idea for what it looks like I hear lots and lots of joyful singing. Beautiful singing - cracked e's and all...

Dana said...

My view of Heaven is so nothing that the Bible describes. It's me, God, and various people who we encounter as we read throughout the Old and New Testament (mainly Old). We are all sitting at Starbucks talking about and discussing all of the things my mind is too small to get now. It will be one "ah-ha" moment after another. The other person changes from time to time but the conversation never breaks but we are able to sing at the same time. What!? In Heaven I can do more than one thing at a time! I'm sure God wouldn't mind that multi-tasking!

Jaci said...

for me, its sitting on clouds, watching everyone I love below. nice and relaxing and maybe up there I can sing and laugh and cry and maybe, just maybe, see how the world works and finally get some sense as to why things happened to me the way they did.

Cryssy said...

I don't know what it would look like either but I hope that I'm so focused on praising God that nothing else really matters. I find that praising Him is something I don't do enough of. I just will never be able to praise Him enough for all He has done and hope that in Heaven, all I will do is that. He deserves it.

Amy said...

Great blog, Jackie! I think the time component is the biggie for me; no getting old or leaving because of death, or those type of things, my mamaw who I love so will be able to meet my daughters, who've heard about her all their lives, and we'll all get to meet those "heroes of faith" so long gone.

The singing thing for me will be Tulsa-like; never ending and never dragging !!! :) And the view - I don't think our little minds can conceive such beauty.

Wow.