The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What is the definition of "You"?

A question out into the void: Is there something in your life that defines you as you? I mean, when you think of this thing, it's your name that comes to a persons mind. This is something that defines you as you.

For example, I was putting up with all the stable work and I realized that enough was quickly becoming enough; the horses would have to go. And I stopped short because I realized that 'Jackie' was so interwoven into that life that I wasn't quite sure who I was, or would be without the Tesster. She's the back to my front, the left to my right. It's the same with Robert. What am I without him? It was odd to think of what I would be. No, it's impossible.

But more than a horse or a husband, is Christ. If He was gone . . .man, does that give you the shakes or what???

2 comments:

Amy said...

I saw a nun's obituary in the paper this morning over breakfast, and I mentioned to Andy that it would be so easy for me to live in a monestary and do nothing all day but think of God and praise Him. To have no job to take my mind off of Him; just to live in a way of pure devotion 24/7.

But then, I wouldn't have Andy, Dana, Erin, Gregg, or YOU! And besides, the whole habit thing would be way too hot for me!!

jenn said...

as i was reading, i was thinking of Christ and then i read that you were too. Christ or a Christian unfortunately isn't always what people think about when i am on their minds; but sice we are now "IN" Christ, i think the greek is enduo, He is was God sees when God looks at me...we have slipped into Christ as you would a shirt.
i think of you when i think about passion, as in a drive or purpose... passion for Chirst, or horses, or your family or whatever it is you happen to be involved in at any moment.