The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The State that Begins with 'Tex' and ends with 'Us'.

It has been SO AWESOME to sit in front of the fire with popcorn and a good movie. Being from the north, I am so tickled at this weather. It represents so much security against the cold of winter that it makes me all cozy and lazy.

. . and then . . .

And then I realize that I am ready to get the tomatoes in the ground and the sod in place. I'm ready to mow lawns and drink ice tea in the shade. I want to feel the heat on my skin and smell Tess's sweat. I'm ready to go 90 to nothing in the pool.

Oh my word! I've crossed over.

4 comments:

Dana said...

Woo Hoo! It only took 10 years but you are actually adapting to Texas!

Dana said...

Woo Hoo! It only took 10 years but you are actually adapting to Texas!

Amy said...

I have enjoyed this respite from the air-conditioning myself, but the knowledge of having to make the days we miss up kinda take away some of the excitement. Best part of the day; staying in my gown and watching 4 hours of "24"!!

andrew said...

For various reaons, these last few days I have not been able to respond to your blogs, so here goes...short, sweet and to the point:

"January 12, 1981" - you and your husband exude much more than anyone I know, the shear joy and amazement of life. I am proud to be your friend and confidante (when needed).

"My Sweet Friend" - I have the privilege of seeing that "amazed sparkle on her eyes everyday" and have enjoyed her companionship for better than 34 years. I truly am not worthy.

"...Tex..." - Welcome home!! It may take a while but people always come around. Texas is the best! I have traveled many places but I always look forward to coming home. Even though I was born in Ohio, have roots/memories there and am proud to claim it as my birthplace, Texas is still my hacienda.