The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Monday, November 20, 2006

Don't You Just Wanna deck'em?

I don't speed unless it's an emergency. I would love to say that the reason I don't is because of my high moral character, but that wouldn't be true. The fact is that I am a cheap person - 'frugal' for the politically correct. I don't wanna be payin no tickets.

So I set cruise control (especially in Poteet and Pleasanton - do those guys get a commission on tickets?), and stay at or below the limit. So I make people mad. Fine. Let's face it, I'm going slow enough for them to go around.

Here I am, 'obeying the law' along, and these police cars consistently pass me. I know they're breaking the limit, because of the cruise (Chris Morlock has tested the speedometer - it's correct). Fine. Whatever. I personally don't think that is that big a deal.

Until my friend gets a ticket for going 4 miles over. FOUR miles over?

Come on!! Is this a case of do as I say, not as I do? Do the rules not apply to everyone? What's up with this stuff?

Guess I'll add that to my 'Abhor List'.

2 comments:

andrew said...

yxejkYou are right! It is a case of do as I say and not as I do. Two quick examples:

1) I was behind a police cruiser recently at a traffic light. The light turned green and a car coming from our left smooth ran the light. No brakes lights, no attempt to stop, no nothing... What did the police officer do? The same thing...nothing. He turned left and went on his way.

2) Another time, one evening soon after dark, I was the first in line at a red light when it turned green. A car was coming from my left and it was obvious that it was not going to stop. I waited and the car passed through the intersection infront of me and about four other vehicles. IT WAS A POLICE CRUISER!! No lights, not really going fast, did not appear to be in a hurry. As with the other car: no brakes lights and no attempt to slow down.

I know what I would have wanted to do, but if I had followed through I could not have stood in front of the congregation yesterday. Not a really good example.

andrew said...

P.S. - I also agree with your 'frugal' comment. I work too hard for my money to be giving it over to the local judge simply because I didn't obey the street signs.