The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving day

J to the forth (Jarred, Jaci, Jah and Julie) are in England, spending Thanksgiving with Brandee, Rob and Kaia. And I am watching their kids play, seeing Jaci and Brandee get to know each other (How weird - they're sisters now.) and seeing Rob and Jarred actually enjoy each other - they never did that when they were here.

Have any of them got a clue about the amazing time of their lives they are living now? Never again will things be so new and fresh. Never again will they lay foundations that they will live with the rest of their lives.

I can see them reading this, saying: "Huh?" But for us who have been there (and are working on 26 years together or more), we know. Things I did when I was 19 still haunt me. And some things still make me smile.

Youth is SO wasted on the young. Just ask me.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am SO right there with you - not that I have big regrets about things, but just such big hopes for Dana, Erin and Gregg. I'm glad your kids are able to spend this time with each other - wonder what memories they're sharing about you and Robert right now?!?