The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Results

I heard the gasp from the bleachers when Hercules got second place in his obstacle run. It was a gasp because he was flawless.

I kid you not, every single other participant (there were 11 in all) did not back. Not a one of them. And only 3 side-passed - that's when the horse moves laterally, his front hoofs crossing over each other gracefully. Like I said, only 3 did that AFTER they had to fight with their horses to get in position. The other 8 either didn't do it or side-stepped - hoofs come together, then step, move together - you get the idea. Hercules was so totally the no brainer for 1st.

But, you know, I guess it really doesn't matter. He did it the best he's ever done it - even in practice. I wish you could have seen him. He was so pretty. 'Wow' pretty. My buddy!

Oh, and we got first in In Hand Trail.

He's safe from the sales block for another month.

1 comment:

Cryssy said...

That is soooo awesome, you wanna show my dogs for me??

I remember those days with Saber at open shows where we were the "arabian" and of course were always placed low regardless of how perfect we got anything done.