The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

And in this corner . . .

Wow and are the liberals popping veins and the conservatives dancin in the aisles??? How crazy is this war of words? I was reading the 'discuss' part of the yahoo about the John Kerry thing and was appalled at the language, and the absolute ferocity of the combatants on both sides of the aisle. There was honest talk of a civil war starting if the republicans kept control and/or got the white house in 08. Civil war?

My word and is that the most stupid thing ever or what? While I disagree 1000 and 7 % with anything liberal, still, to be so adamant and planted in your own ideals is foolhardy at best and dangerous at worse.

Us Christians do the same thing. I used to think there one one way and one way only and you were going straight to hell if you thought there was any other way to see it. Time and life has knocked that out of me. Hard. And while I am not the smartest of women, I not not the most stupid either. There is more than one way to look at things. And even to disagree means a smirk and a tongue in cheek test of wills . . not civil war.

It is, after all about hating the sin but loving the sinner, right?

2 comments:

jenn said...

i find it interesting that civil war is what we are leading the discussion to...isn't "the unnessesariness of war" the reason we are arguing in the first place. John Kerry makes my skin crawl!

andrew said...

Don't get me started. That is one reason I hesitate to get involved in politics. It can be a dirty, nasty, roll-in-the-mud thing. I choose to think better of people and the more removed I am from them, the better. I have no illusions about people, I just choose to turn a blind eye at times. Maybe i'm wrong about this, but it's where I am at this time.