The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Sounds of a Hawaiian Evening

So here Jah and I are . . just tripping around the playground tonight. The wind was blowing, the moon was amazing - it really looks different here - must be the tropic's thing. There were cool clouds, bright stars and we just took off outside, barefooted . . Jah was even in a diaper. We were just a couple of wild things, finding our fun whenever and where ever we could.

We walked through some grass that Jaci has kept watered - it was soft. And then through stuff other people haven't - it was hard, but it all was neat because I watched him and there were birds calling goodnight on a gentle Hawaiian breeze, while the majestic mountains towered to the east, commanding, yet oddly comforting. All was right, and good, and fine in the world. (Do you hear Julie Andrews yet?)

. . . and then . . .

The centipede that followed us in was about 6 inches long, red, black and yellow. With it's nasty antennas moving frantically, it's curving body snapping back and forth with disgusting grace and it's foot long pinchers (that aren't usually fatal) opeing and closing, it slithered down the hall, furious, I am sure that Jah and I had probably just missed it several times while we walked barefooted in Hawaii in August!!!! What? Are we on drugs? What kind of grandmother am I? Oh Jarred pinned it down with the broom and Jaci doused it with Raid, but . . man! Still . . . It was so big!

I'm going to bed. My stomach hurts.

3 comments:

Cryssy said...

You had me dreaming big dreams of moving to Hawaii....gotta love reality! Nothing is perfect on this world. Gosh, I can't wait for heaven.....

jenn said...

man jackie, you REALLY need to do a children's book! I felt like i was right there with you and jah; feeling the wind, having my feet adjust to the difference in the grass, and hearing the birds and the laughter! i miss you lots and hope that things are getting better for you! keep having a wonderful time!

The Johnsons said...

centipedes are poisonous? I thought millipedes were. Apparently I was wrong. Glad his little feet and your 'big' feet are okay. Yeah for Raid!