The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Thursday, August 31, 2006

God and Popeye

There comes a time when all the upset-idd-ness (not a word, but the only thing I could come up with), passes and anger takes hold. I guess I'm finding out that the old Popeye standard: 'I've had all I can stands and I can't stands no more' is way too true.

Because if you love someone, you do not just let things sit. If you love someone, you risk obliterating that love in the name of true love. If you love someone, you realize that all the tears in the world mean nothing if they keep you from the correct path. If you love someone, you take chances, speak brutal truth, and be ready, always be ready to be cast aside . . because it's worth it, if you can make a difference. I don't care if this person ever talks to me again, but he'll have to hide under a rock to keep from me. Because I care too much.

That's what God did . . . right?

Is there really any kind of love that's real?

1 comment:

Cryssy said...

You are most correct in several things. IF you love someone, you take those risks and set your heart on a platter to be done with as they see fit. And God's love is exactly what led to our having Christ and the Holy Spirit (hey that's 2/3rds of God given in our names out of love). And that love is real. That love is the mother of all loves. Because God is love. But I disagree with one thing you said. You DO care if this person talks to you again. But I know that you can stand it if he doesn't for your love for him will hold you through. Love is always real...if it really is love...because God created it.