The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Friday, September 01, 2006

The Power of a Granpa

Well yee ha and amen! Robert's here! He's seen the babies and now knows they're even cuter than I said. And, man, did I miss him. Good to have him back where he belongs . . with me, wherever that is.

When I got off the plane 11 days ago, Jah gave me a less than encouraging look, and flat out pushed me away when I tried to kiss on him. I took my time, trying to coax some affection from him, but he would have none of it. (In fact, if he didn't do what I asked I threatened him with kisses. He always obeyed fast with that looming.) But finally, FINALLY, on Monday, he came to me on his own, and by Thursday, I was holding him and tickling him without the hollering.

So Robert comes through the door. He grins, giggles and laughs when Robert swoops him up into a hug and kiss. They then proceed to play while Jaci and I watch. (Jaci is amused, I am just this side of a good whine.) Robert has been here under 7 hours and he's done more with James than I've done in 11 days! I mean, how wrong is that????

. . . and then . . .

Then I remember, Julie still likes me best.

Until tomorrow.

5 comments:

Ceal said...

LOL Jackie I am so happy that Robert made it in and gets to see those precious grandbabies. James loves you he just deals better with men. I look forward to getting to see you both together. What an awesome couple!

Jaci said...

haha .. yes it was amusing .. and then with Bryce!!! I cant believe it .. still cant believe it .. must be his aura .. is that cheese between the toes .. HAHAHA .. whatever made you fall in love with him he has that affect on everyone he meets .. what an awesome guy .. and I am just way to lucky to have him as my father in law!!! :)

Amy said...

Glad to know Robert made it over to join you; we miss you both. Bring lots of pictures!!

jenn said...

you know grandma will always be great! BUT there is nothing like a grandpa! With me, Noone compares to mine! He's the cream of the crop, no, of the cropS!
Glad he's there with you and the kiddos! glad you're still having a good time!
Luvya!

jenn said...

Hey Girl....glad your man made it there safe and sound. What a fun time sharing together those precious grands. I love how you detail out all your experiences with them. Capture each special moment and keep it within your heart to thing back on when you are back home. I love Robert and you so.....much and having you as family makes all the difference in the world struggling up the hill; cuz I know Jackie is cheering and Robert is smiling and pushing. Ha!! Tell my Robert my interview Friday went well---it was #9. I've deceided I should be a interview consultant. I'm really good at interviews. Ha!!! love rosie