The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Monday, December 11, 2006

Another Tesster Story.

Was at the stables, and told Meg to saddle up Buster. He's this 15.2 astonishingly built, and just as astoundingly gorgeous foundation quarter horse buckskin. Buster has all the energy of a rock at the bottom of a hill . . in a ditch . . .under the hind end of a poet. And I got to thinking that he would be a good horse to show. He does everything and stays clam and is just this side of conscience as he does it. (Absurdly, that is the kind of horse that wins in pleasure classes.)

So there I was, trotting along (as long as I kept up with the cue - he took every opportunity to give me the chance to have him walk) while Megan trots and pivots and laughs on the Tesster. Meg kept telling me that Tess was really wired and I didn't have the heart to tell her that that was Tess. Tail up and wringing, nostrils flaring, begging to go into a run, but ready to spin at the crook of a finger or the twist of your head. (Do I sound proud, or what?)

So I made her switch. We side-passed up next to each other and just hopped from one horse to the other without dismounting. Then I began to ride.

Dana told me that I'd get it back. And I think she might be right.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I'm not right about many things but I when I am, believe it, girl! You're on your way!