The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Who Encourages the encourager?

Where is it written that I must ALWAYS be in a good mood?

Have had a lot of things knocking around in my life lately and just ain't feeling 'spunky'. So I get 'friends' who tell me to get over it and cheer up. Well, sometimes (maybe because I'm human, perhaps??), I can't 'move on' or 'cheer up' as fast as they think I should. I was told recently that I have to explain it when I'm in a bad mood, or when I'm not even up to the level of 'spunk' that I normally show. Now, why in the world is that right?

This blog is for no one in particular - the people who have questioned me don't read my blogs. But rather it is thrown out there in the hope that it's read with the understanding that the encourager needs to be encouraged - at least as much as anyone else.

6 comments:

andrew said...

I don't think it is a matter of moving on, cheering up or being spunky. Sometimes you just miss the person you are used to seeing and being with.

Ceal said...

We all have our bad days Jackie. I am here for you anytime you need me just call me. Cyber hug to you....

Cryssy said...

Personally I have no problem with people being in a funk. It lets me know they need prayer for one. For two, it keeps me humble. Funks always pass (unless you wallow in it and then the stink just follows you wherever you go). I think you'll be just fine in God's and your own time. I love that God still loves me in the funks of life!

Dana said...

You take as long as you need and tell everyone else to suck it up! You will come around when you are ready. Don't rush it. Love you loads and loads!

Darla said...

Anything I try to say sounds too "blond" in response to your day's blog but I am going to attempt something because I think you need to hear from the people out there who know you and love you.

I am not a blogger but I am your friend. Our lives keep changing on us. As soon as we get used to the old stuff something comes along and zap! it is all different. Different can be good but no matter what it takes a period of adjustment to get used to the changes. A new baby takes about six weeks (or six years) to get used to and then they are gone in a flash and producing babies of their own. And of course, that means you are a grandparent! (oh, what a change!)

I used to say that things will be better when my life gets back to normal and then I realized that THIS is normal for me. I wish my days away. I want this day at school to end, or this week or hey, let's just get into Christmas holidays but then I have lost all the good times that go with each day and soon you see yourself looking back from the other side of the half century mark and know that you should find something everyday to thank God for and try to contend with the hardships of the day. Sometimes, I have to do some heavy duty praying just to walk into my sixth period class.

Whatever, I love you and you are in my prayers.
Darla

Amy said...

I get weary of people asking me what's wrong when I'm just being quiet or not my usual, jovial self.
Sometimes the soul just needs to be quiet, and it doesn't MEAN anything. Ask me often enough, and I will be upset.

All this, of course, is off in May, when school is ending, right?!?