The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Friday, December 29, 2006

My Dana

I remember Dana sitting in class on Sunday mornings, quiet, but attentive. I remember her evaluating what was said, turning it over and over in her mind, searching (I'm sure) for scriptural verification. I remember her disagreeing, her voice all soft and respectful. Although I am WAY older than her, I always admired her maturity in the way she communicated. It was never a hot headed angry thing that got blown out of hand with Dana.

So here we are last night, 10 years and a million experiences since those Sunday mornings and Dana and I are still disagreeing. Although I was so against the things she was asserting, I never once felt defensive or attacked - just engaged in an intelligent discussion with a amazing woman. I pray that she felt the same way about me - that I wasn't attacking, that she didn't need to be defensive.

I've never had a problem talking about anything with Dana, good or bad. How many people can you say that about?

2 comments:

Dana said...

Aren't you too sweet! Those kind of discussions are my favorite to have. I think they only work with people who have the strong, solid relationship that we have. You make it work, girl!

The Johnsons said...

You are so right about my sister! I'm glad you and her have that kind of relationship. There aren't many people like Dana where you worry about "what you say" or offending her. She's beautiful!