The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Sunday, December 03, 2006

This ain't funny

I got really mad at Robert last night because I have problems sleeping and we woke me up three times, just to be cute - he does that sometimes. (Married 26 years and he still ain't caught on that I am not laughing, go figure.)

Anyhow, once he finally decided to go to sleep, he started to snore. I am, of course, awake and when I tell him to turn over or flop like a fish, he stops for a good 10 seconds, then starts up again.

Fine! So I stomp downstairs (The creep slept through my tantrum) and bedded down on the couch where it was quiet. It got cold, so I pulled the cover over my face. I heard him come down and sorta sensed him watching me while he thought I slept. I figured he woke, found me gone and wanted to talk me into getting back upstairs. I was still ticked about the 'waking up' thing, so I ignored him. He kissed my forehead and I heard him go back up the stairs. Serves him right, I thought.

This morning I got repentant and I thanked him for coming down. He looked at me like I was a three headed goose.

He never came down. He never woke up. He never kissed my forehead.

For those of you who know my past, this ain't funny.

3 comments:

Amy said...

My first thought - "Oh, wow!"

My second thought - it's just the time thing, one time lapping over another; his past, your present, his future, your past, you get the idea.

My third thought - EW EE EW - it's the Twilight Zone!!

The Johnsons said...

Because I know your past - creepy... Glad you had the blanket pulled up over your head!

You might think I'm crazy - but I serious tell God to please don't let me see/feel/sense any of that stuff...

Hope you sleep well tonight!

Cryssy said...

God does more than whisper some times.

I don't know your past so I guess I shouldn't comment at all.