The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Parade of Homes - AHHHHHHH!

I was all freaking out because ladies from the Church are coming to my house tomorrow. There's like 4 houses that people are visiting to chat and look at decorations and stuff and I was all freaked because I am not a decorator. People think I have taste because my house is so cute. Open the door and that idea is blown. I was in Stess villa. Big time.

Then Betty Rachley came over and told me that my house was warm and inviting. That's all I ever wanted my house to be. A place to put your feet up and feel free to laugh or cry or nothing at all. I've never wanted to impress anyone. I just wanted a place that was 'safe' from the world. Now, I am just going to enjoy seeing my sweet sisters tomorrow night. Betty, unknowingly, said exactly the right thing to get me back on track.

Think maybe that was God doing some work through someone?

3 comments:

Ceal said...

Always!!! I am sure your house is wonderful! I love going to people's homes who are warm and inviting. Not stuffy and your afraid to breath in there. Have wonderful fellowship time with your sisters.

andrew said...

Jackie...Our homes should be a safe haven from the world. It is the on eplace that we should always feel warm and secure. Our homes are all about us. They are a reflection of who we are. I have never felt unwelcome in your home. It says so much about you and your hubby. More so I think.

Dana said...

Have fun tonight!